I thought I could share some of my black & white work and briefly say a few things about each of them.
![]() |
| TheOhSees at SXSW 2013 |
![]() | ||||||||
| The Walkmen at House of Blues, Dallas 2012 |
![]() |
| Innards at a house show in Denton, TX 2012 |
Black & white is very effective in landscapes because it draws attention to shape and form and the quality of light. I added a tint to these to create a warmer or cooler feeling.
![]() |
| A farm shot from the highway on my way to Austin, TX |
![]() |
| A cornfield shot from the highway on my way to Austin, TX |
Still life shot in B&W, like photography brings out details of shape and form of the subject with regard to the quality of light.
![]() | |
| Boots and Train tracks |
![]() |
| Free Spirit |
Portraiture shot in B&W gives way from hair and eye and clothing colors and brings focus to the detail in the eyes or body form.
![]() |
| Elliott |
![]() | |
| Tara |
![]() |
| Jordan dancing |
![]() |
| Jaymi |
In an age where color photography is so abundant and cameras are built right into our phones, black & white photography is a world apart. Artistically, it's said that color photography depicts reality and black & white depicts an interpretation of reality. I think that touch makes it more personal to the viewer. What do you think?
All photos are shot and owned by Viktor Villanueva.
If you're interested in black and white photography, check out some of my favorite photographers.


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






Wow. The photographs are incredible! I agree with what you said about how black and white requires you to take in the photo in a different way than those of color. B&W photos are set on a different emotional level. My favorite is the one of Jordan dancing and the Walkmen at the House of Blues. How long have you been taking photographs?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Milo! Those are a couple of my favorites too. I've been taking pictures ever since I can remember, but I've taken it a lot more seriously for about 5 years.
DeleteI just found a liking for black and white photography and I totally agree with you. Black and white brings a completely different feel the picture almost a more serious tone. I love the landscape photos. What made you decide to pick up photography?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like them. I thought those turned out pretty magical looking. I've always been in love with photography, I just wanted to learn how to capture moments of my own life in a beautiful way, and now, I'm trying to have that same impact on others.
Delete